Friday, March 23, 2012

IN: Redding, CA. My hodge-podge.

I have a lot of thoughts right now. These past two weeks have been such a sweet journey into myself and into God. And I've learned that there isn't a way to separate the two- a journey into one brings you into the other. Well, anyway, this post has basically turned into a hodge-podge of my heart with no limitations.

(I strongly suggest watching- or rather, listening- to this video nonstop while you read the rest)


There came a point in my life when I realized just how much my parents had done for me, given up for me; and I remember having no actual great way to thank them, being totally at a loss for words. So, I just said,"thank you," the next time I spoke with them. But I can't recall feeling the same in my heart after that day. So this week I had the same day with God. And all I could say was, "thanks."But wouldn't you know, that was enough. And I still blush when I think about all he did; does.




"You said I am young, but I am yours, I am free but I am flawed. I am here in your heart. I was here from the start. Then, when the rain came and settled on your skin more like before, and you let it all in to your heart; its the only part, from the start, you'd set apart." (Benjamin Francis Leftwich, "Box of Stones")


Its been a few months now that I have craved to be open and honest about me, and everything pertaining to myself. I have such a personal need to creatively express everything inside of me; even if it is simply overflowing only in my personal areas (my bedroom, my blog, my clothes, etc). One of my recent expressive vibes has been to have photos taken of my husband-love and me. But not just the classic, cliche couple photos; I want just me and Joel. Just us being us; along the same lines as the photo above. I am also pretty sure that I will continue to feel this way about photography for the rest of my life. I want my life and the people who are important to me fully captured in their particular way so I can have a memento of our actual natures always with me. I want people to come into my house and feel like they know me because of how I express myself all over the place.


My favorite parts of my day are always laying in bed at night and in the morning with my man because you can never get those moments back throughout the day. It's the ease of not having to do anything and being tired enough to follow through with doing absolutely nothing but smiling, laughing, whispering, cuddling, and staring. 

So, these are the little bits inside of my heart. Love your way. 
-L

2 comments:

  1. I love you and your beautiful heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i utterly & whole heartedly nod my head "YES!" to everything above. i so badly want to just put it all out there, without worrying about who sees what & then not even caring if "who" does in fact see "what"... if that makes any sense.

    i think you're in another country now, but i wanted to pop in to let you know that i finally got the button up & running on my blog. it was a headache & a half, so i'm leaving adding buttons to my blog for another day ;)

    safe travels!

    ReplyDelete