Wednesday, November 7, 2012

IN: Redding, CA. Open to Openness.

I'm learning to be open. Completely open. I am learning to be willing to be wrong at any moment, to be excited to learn, to be thrilled to change my mind about any one thing or one person. I am excited to be open because it means that any views or opinions are based solely on trust that has been earned, faith that has been proven. I am excited to never blindly follow anymore, but to grow and discover, to ask questions, and to run after truth. I am excited to accept people no matter what. I am excited to be criticized for what I think because it means that I might discover something completely new to me. If I am not growing, I'm probably not still 5'4.

I've spent my whole life trying to fit a mold, but fighting the system. I've spent my whole life being contrary to anything to avoid being like everyone else, only to find out that everyone else was doing the same thing.

Who knew that the most open-minded thing you could do was love. Who knew that love is also completely closed to new ideas. It has one motive, one idea, one system of beliefs- and that is to believe in, pursue, and accept YOU.

No one is open-minded. No one can be. We are all just running roads that will end in a collision with love.

But a good place to start is to be open-minded.

No comments:

Post a Comment